An American mother discovers her children’s bath toys are filled with black mold

Mum shares an urgent warning after a gruesome discovery in her bathroom – and she’s not alone

  • The mother discovered that her children’s bath toys were filled with mold
  • She threw them away and vowed never to buy them again
  • Mold can cause serious illnesses in children

A mother of two has issued a stark warning to all parents about a little-known danger in a popular children’s toy.

American Diana cut open her child’s rubber duckies after noticing they appeared to have changed color.

She was disgusted to see they were filled with black mold.

Hundreds of other moms made the same gruesome discovery after cutting up the cute toys.

Scroll down for videos

A mother of two has urgently warned all parents about a little-known danger in a popular children's toy

She cut open her children's rubber duckies after noticing that they had changed color. She was disgusted to see they were filled with black mold (pic)

A mother of two has urgently warned all parents about a little-known danger in a popular children’s toy. She cut open her child’s rubber duckies after noticing they appeared to have changed color. She was disgusted to see they were filled with black mold (right)

“My kids will hate me if I do this for no reason, but this toy is starting to look weird, it’s not yellow anymore,” Diana said on TikTok.

“I have a feeling this bitch has mold in it. I am nervous.’

She started cutting open the toy and immediately saw that black mold covered the entire interior.

“I’m literally about to throw away all their damn rubber duckies and never buy another one again. This is so disgusting. I’m about to throw up. It’s literally full of mold,” she said.

How dangerous is mold in bath toys?

Why does mold form in bath toys?

Mold forms in rubber toys and ducks because they are kept in a humid environment. Water enters the toy from the hole, mixes with bath soap and festers to form mold.

Is it dangerous?

* Mold is very harmful if swallowed and may cause vomiting, diarrhea or stomach upset.

* The fungus can be particularly harmful to children who have an allergic reaction or have a compromised immune system.

* Children may be allergic if they have an unexplained rash, cough, or itchy eyes.

How can it be prevented?

* To prevent mold growth, bath toys must be thoroughly cleaned and dried after use.

* Toys without holes are much less likely to develop mold.

(Source: blog.cincinnatichildrens.org)

The important warning quickly went viral, with other moms checking out the toys in their own bathrooms.

One mother, Laura Gargani, was shocked to discover her one-year-old daughter’s toys were also full of mold and immediately threw them all in the bin.

The frightened mother is worried that the mold has made her daughter sick when her daughter puts the toy in her mouth.

Laura said she even contracted an eye infection from the infected toys.

One young woman said she remembered squeezing out her bath toy as a child and black bits went into the water, but she didn’t know it was mold.

Several other people admitted that as children they filled and drank from the toys and always wondered what the black dots were.

Molds are very harmful if ingested and can cause vomiting, diarrhea or an upset stomach, especially after prolonged exposure.

The fungus can be particularly harmful to children who are having an allergic reaction or have a compromised immune system. Children may be allergic if they have an unexplained rash, cough, or itchy eyes.

A mother worries that the mold in her bath toy has made her daughter nauseous when her daughter puts the toy in her mouth. She believes she even contracted an eye infection from the infected toys (pictured)

Mold allergies can cause a rash, cough, or itchy eyes

A mother worries that the mold in her bath toy has made her daughter nauseous when her daughter puts the toy in her mouth. She revealed she even got an eye infection from the infected toys (pictured)

Mold forms in rubber toys and ducks because they are kept in a humid environment.

Water enters the toy from the hole, mixes with bath soap and festers to form mold.

Bath toys must be thoroughly cleaned and dried after use to prevent mold growth, however it can be very difficult to remove all the water from toys with holes inside.

Australian toy company My Little Love Heart makes bath toys that are specifically designed not to mold because they don’t have holes.

advertising

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11662243/American-mum-discovers-kids-bath-toys-filled-black-mould.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490 An American mother discovers her children’s bath toys are filled with black mold

Bradford Betz

WSTPost is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@wstpost.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button