Antony has returned to training with Manchester United as the Brazilian winger returns to the squad following domestic violence allegations.
He was photographed arriving in the back of a blacked-out Mercedes van at the club’s Carrington training complex on Saturday morning.
Antony will train as his team-mates take on Crystal Palace in the Premier League at Old Trafford on Saturday afternoon.
The 23-year-old returned on Tuesday from South America, where he was on fully paid leave, battling allegations that he assaulted three women.
Antony voluntarily met with Greater Manchester Police for questioning on Thursday. He was neither arrested nor detained and went home without restrictions.
Antony returned to training with Manchester United in a Mercedes van on Saturday morning after being allowed to return to the first team squad
The Brazilian winger will train on Saturday as his teammates prepare for the game against Crystal Palace
Manager Erik ten Hag said he hoped Antony’s return would not distract United
Your browser does not support iframes.
United believe the £82million footballer has provided enough evidence to support his strong denial of the allegations.
The club gave him permission to return to his first-team duties and the women’s team was also informed of his impending return to training camp.
United said in a statement that Antony’s situation “will be kept under review pending further developments in the case.”
It said: “Since the first allegations were made in June, Antony has cooperated and continues to cooperate with police investigations in both Brazil and the United Kingdom.”
“As Antony’s employer, Manchester United have decided that he will resume training at Carrington and be available for selection while the police investigation continues.” This will be further reviewed pending further developments in the case.
“As a club, we condemn acts of violence and abuse.” “We recognize the importance of protecting everyone involved in this situation and are aware of the impact these allegations have on survivors of abuse.”
Manager Erik ten Hag stressed on Friday that Antony’s return would not be a distraction. “Everything was made clear in the statement,” he said. “We will concentrate on the games.” He will do the same.
Antony’s ex-girlfriend Gabriela Cavallin has claimed Antony assaulted her four times
“I’ve spoken to him, but that doesn’t give the impression of how he’s doing, what his mental state is. “I can’t say that at the moment.”
Man United schedule
Premier League unless otherwise stated
Saturday Crystal Palace (H)
Tuesday Galatasaray (H)
Champions League group stage
October 7th Brentford (H)
October 21 Sheffield United (A)
October 24th Copenhagen (H)
Champions League group stage
October 29th Manchester City (H)
As Mail Sport revealed, director of football John Murtough and head of communications Ellie Norman held a team meeting to ensure the women’s team were comfortable returning to the training ground to explain the club’s reasoning.
Led by Norman, who joined United last year after four years in Formula 1, the meeting discussed the background and facts of Antony’s case while also sharing lessons learned from the handling of Mason Greenwood’s case.
It is understood the players were offered one-to-one meetings if they wanted to discuss the issue further, but no issues were raised and Marc Skinner’s side are said to have viewed the statements made positively.
Antony has missed the last four games since the international break after being released by Brazil and placed on leave by United to stay in South America and fight the allegations.
He was accused by his ex-girlfriend Gabriela Cavallin of assaulting her a total of four times, including twice in the UK.
She claims the former Ajax winger, who joined United for £82million last year, attacked her at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Manchester on January 15, damaging one of her breast implants. She also claims Antony cut his finger to the bone when he threw a glass at her in June.
Another woman, 33-year-old banker Ingrid Lana, makes a similar accusation. A third accuser, Rayssa de Freitas, is said to have dropped her claim.
The player made an emotional television appearance in his home country earlier this month to deny all allegations.
A meeting was held with the women’s team to ensure they were comfortable with his return
Director of Football John Murtough (right) and the club’s chief communications officer held the meeting to explain the club’s reasoning
Speaking to Brazilian television station SBT earlier this month, Antony said: “I know the truth and it will come out.” I know many are slaughtering me, but the truth always comes out.
“I am 100 percent sure that I have never touched a woman and I will present the evidence. “I have never assaulted and never will assault. I am sure that I have never committed physical violence. I have a mother, a sister, and I never want anything like that to happen to them.’
After beating Crystal Palace 3-0 in the third round of the Carabao Cup on Tuesday evening, United now face them again in the league game on Saturday afternoon.
They then play against Galatasaray in the Champions League at Old Trafford on Tuesday next week.