World

Boy, 17, stabbed and 18-year-old man fighting for life after ‘machete fight’

The 17-year-old boy is stabbed and the 18-year-old man is left to fight for his life after a “machete fight involving up to 100 people” at a party in east London

  • 17-year-old boy stabbed to death in Bow, east London after ‘mass brawl’
  • Second man, believed to be 18, also stabbed and in critical condition
  • About 100 people were believed to be involved, some with machetes
  • Officers rushed to the scene after reports of disturbances involving “a large number of people”.

A 17-year-old boy has been stabbed and a second teenager is in life-threatening condition after a “mass machete brawl” broke out in east London.

Emergency services rushed to the scene following reports of a disturbance involving a large number of people in Bow, Tower Hamlets.

There are reports that the riots at Lichfield Road, E3, affected around 100 people, some armed with machetes, after a row over uninvited people attending a party.

Officers at the scene noticed two men with stab wounds from the attack, which took place in the early hours of Sunday morning.

A Met Police spokesman told MailOnline: “On Sunday 4 September at 00:09 police were called to reports of a disturbance involving a large number of people at Lichfield Road, E3

“Medics from the London Ambulance Service and the London Air Ambulance were present. Both men were taken to a hospital in east London.

“Despite the best efforts of medical staff, one of the men – believed to be 17 years old – was pronounced dead at 1:54 am.

“The second man – who is believed to be 18 – remains in critical condition.”

A 17-year-old boy has been stabbed and another teenager is in a life-threatening condition after a

A 17-year-old boy has been stabbed and another teenager is in a life-threatening condition after a “mass machete brawl” broke out in east London. Pictured: Police at the scene at Lichfield Road, Bow

Police have launched an investigation but no arrests have been made. Forensic teams (pictured) were seen at the scene

Police have launched an investigation but no arrests have been made. Forensic teams (pictured) were seen at the scene

One of the victims suffered a stab wound to the neck, reports GB News.

Police have launched an investigation into the attack, but no arrests have been made so far.

Officers and forensic teams were pictured on the street, which was cordoned off earlier today.

Anyone with information was asked to contact the police.

This comes after a spate of recent attacks in Lawless London as pressure mounts on Mayor of London Sadiq Khan to better tackle the scourge of knife crime, which has increased over the past year as the UK exited the Covid pandemic.

Mr Khan said on social media shortly after the stabbing broke: “Violent crime tears families and communities apart. It has no place in London and I am committed to tackling both violence and the complex causes of violence. Prevention and early intervention are key to making London safer for everyone.”

However, it is not yet clear if he was reacting to the recent attack in London.

In August, six suspected murders were committed in London in four days, including the fatal stabbing of veteran charity fundraiser Thomas O’Halloran, 87, while traveling in his mobility scooter.

Several others have been stabbed or shot dead in the capital in recent weeks as rival politicians urged the mayor to do more.

Before backing down 24 hours later, Mr Khan had attempted to defend London’s high crime rate, attributing it to longer days, school holidays and summer heatwaves.

But he later said: “One murder is one murder too many and one crime victim is one crime victim too many, but I feel like I’ve had a hand tied behind my back for the last six years because of austerity.

“We have lost 21,000 officers, the government has now said they will replace them with 20,000 officers as our population increases.

“We’ve had cuts in youth workers, youth services, after-school clubs and services that councils are providing as a result of the Government’s decision and it’s Londoners who are caught in the crossfire.”

advertisement

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11178439/Boy-17-stabbed-death-18-year-old-man-left-fighting-life-machete-brawl.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490 Boy, 17, stabbed and 18-year-old man fighting for life after ‘machete fight’

Emma Colton

WSTPost is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@wstpost.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button