‘Caring’ student, 18, died of in-room pill overdose

A “caring” student died in her room of a pills overdose after her friends took her home from a night out because she was too drunk, an inquest has found.

After hitting bars with Angel Kendrick, 18, on March 12, concerned friends called a security guard to unlock their room as they had no answer when they knocked on their door the next day.

The security guard found her lifeless in bed at 11.30pm and at 11.45pm she was pronounced dead at the scene.

Angel died from an overdose of painkillers prescribed by her GP in November 2021.

The inquest found the 18-year-old from Oswestry had been diagnosed with severe anxiety and depression and was on the waiting list for therapy after turning to mental health services himself.

After hitting bars on March 12 with Angel Kendrick, 18, pictured, concerned friends called a security guard to unlock their room as they had no answer when they knocked on their door the next day

After hitting bars on March 12 with Angel Kendrick, 18, pictured, concerned friends called a security guard to unlock their room as they had no answer when they knocked on their door the next day

Speaking to Echo, her aunt Claire Kendrick paid tribute to her: “She was one of the most caring, considerate and beautiful people I knew.

“She put a lot of pressure on herself, but she was very intelligent. Though she thought she wasn’t good, she came first in all her exams in her first semester. She had so much to give. She had so much ahead of her.’

Claire added that she wished her niece could have seen how beautiful she was, inside and out.

She said that the family will miss her dearly and will never get over her death, but that they will learn to live with the loss and live their lives to the fullest in her memories.

The security guard found her lifeless in bed at 11.30pm and at 11.45pm she was pronounced dead at the scene. Angel pictured died in November 2021 from an overdose of painkillers prescribed by her GP

The security guard found her lifeless in bed at 11.30pm and at 11.45pm she was pronounced dead at the scene. Angel pictured died in November 2021 from an overdose of painkillers prescribed by her GP

The inquest found Angel, a Liverpool John Moores University student from Owestry, was drinking with her friends at Bar Tempest on Tithebarn on March 12.

She was heavy on alcohol and after they moved to another bar, Sketch, at 4:10 p.m., she became upset about some family issues.

Her friend Billy said she was laughing and giggling one second and getting upset and drinking Guinness the next.

The inquest revealed that her friends took her home from Sketch around 8pm as she was very drunk and her roommate Genia Bailey put her to bed.

Genia said that she was unsteady on her feet and had to help her to her room and that she was struggling to take off her coat and shoes because she was so drunk.

On March 13, around 4 a.m., her roommates heard music in her room.

She later sent a message on Snapchat to a friend to ask if they were awake, but received no response.

Later, on March 13, concerned roommates knocked on her door but heard nothing and she was found dead by a hall security guard.

Speaking to the Echo, her aunt Claire Kendrick, pictured together, paid tribute:

Speaking to the Echo, her aunt Claire Kendrick, pictured together, paid tribute: “She was one of the most caring, considerate and beautiful people I knew.”

Angel’s funeral, attended by 400 mourners, was held on Monday.

Claire said: “It was pretty overwhelming. Everyone lit a candle in memory of her and it was nice how everyone was able to come together to celebrate their lives.”

Coroner Kate Wilson said Angel appears to have settled well into university life and is enjoying life, drinking socially.

She said the 18-year-old is a party animal but seems to have a coping mechanism for dealing with family relationships and social events, which she seems to struggle with despite her popularity.

In a narrative conclusion, she said Angel died of an overdose, saying, “[Angel]had a history of anxiety, depression and self-harm, but she did not express suicidal thoughts at the time… She had consumed a large amount of alcohol and it was.” unlikely that she was aware of the consequences of her actions.”

If you are affected by the issues discussed in this article, you can contact the Samaritans toll-free at 116-123 or go to samaritans.org.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11269453/Caring-student-18-died-pills-overdose-room.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490 ‘Caring’ student, 18, died of in-room pill overdose

Emma Colton

WSTPost is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@wstpost.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button