Chelsea and Barcelona finally strike a deal for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, with the striker flying to London this afternoon after deadline-day talks over a £12million move that also includes Marcos Alonso
- Chelsea and Barcelona have signed a deal for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Deadline day talks have focused on a £12million deal involving Marcos Alonso
- It appears a private jet will take Aubameyang to London this afternoon
- Thomas Tuchel urgently needed a new striker this summer
Chelsea have finally landed a deal with Barcelona for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, with the striker set to fly to London this afternoon to complete his move.
The Blues’ offer is worth £12million plus unpopular left-back Marcos Alonso who heads to the Nou Camp.
Aubameyang is believed to have agreed terms on an initial two-year deal and he is now preparing to fly to London to finalize his move ahead of the 11pm transfer deadline.
Chelsea and Barcelona have finally agreed on Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Chelsea have booked a private plane to take their new striker to London, departing Barcelona at 2:15pm
It appears that Chelsea have hired a private jet to take their new striker to London, who will depart from Barcelona at 2:15 p.m.
Chelsea made a £15million bid to sign Aubameyang earlier this month but appear to have reached an agreement with the Catalan giants, with Alonso crucially included in the deal.
It was previously thought that Aubameyang’s move to the Blues fell through after the two sides failed to reach an agreement, but Chelsea’s new offer seems to please Barca more.
Barcelona are still keen on bringing more faces to the Camp Nou but need to raise funds first, with Manchester City’s Bernardo Silva still on what may be his ambitious wish-list.
The arrival of Robert Lewandowski this summer has seen Aubameyang’s playing time reduced
The 2-1 defeat in Southampton on Tuesday showed that Thomas Tuchel needs a striker
Aubameyang only joined the club in January and has already netted 13 goals and one assist in 24 games but is now one of a number of players said to be overwhelmed.
The 33-year-old took to social media after he was reportedly attacked by a group of four men and threatened with guns.
He wrote: “Hey guys thanks for all the messages. On Sunday evening, some violent cowards broke into our home and threatened my family and children just to steal some things.
“They injured my jaw but I will recover in no time and thank goodness no one else was physically hurt.
“The feeling of not being safe in our own homes is difficult to understand and describe, but as a family we will overcome this and stand stronger than ever.
“Thank you for all the support, it really means a lot to us.”
Aubameyang suffered a minor broken jaw in the traumatic episode, which will likely keep him away for a few weeks.
He could choose to have surgery, but has been told that healing naturally will bring faster results.
Aubameyang’s departure would certainly help the Blaugrana in their quest for fresher faces – especially if it facilitates the arrival of another of their targets in Alonso.
In six years at Stamford Bridge, the Spain international defender has won six major titles including the Premier League, Champions League and Club World Cup, scoring 29 goals and providing 23 more in 212 games.
Marcos Alonso has enjoyed six trophy-filled years at Stamford Bridge with Chelsea
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11168195/Pierre-Emerick-Aubameyang-verge-sealing-Chelsea-deadline-day.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490 Chelsea and Barcelona reach ‘verbal agreement’ on deal for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang