- Frankie Dettori has revealed plans to move to the US despite vowing to retire
- The legendary jockey previously claimed the 2023 season would be his last
- The 52-year-old said he “can’t stop” and wants to continue his winning streak
Legendary jockey Frankie Dettori has revealed he is putting his retirement plans on hold by moving to the United States to continue racing – after previously claiming the 2023 season would be his last in the saddle.
Last December, Dettori announced his plans to end his incredible horse racing career after 35 years in the sport, being a three-time champion jockey and 77 Royal Ascot winners.
But Dettori, 52, claimed he “can’t stop” and was hesitant to end his winning streak as he refused to put a time frame on his upcoming stay in the US.
He said the times: “I just can’t stop.” It could be three months, it could be three years.
“I just can’t stop because I’m just winning,” he said. “I win, perform and feel good.”
Frankie Dettori will abandon his retirement plans and continue his racing career in the USA
Dettori, who will be based in California, has already agreed to race at the Qipco British Champions Day at Ascot on October 21 before competing in the Breeders Cup in the US, Australia and Hong Kong