How to download Stadia saves before shutdown
Google Stadia is expected to shut down permanently on January 18, 2023. Before this happens, players will be prompted to save their saves. Here’s how.
Last September, Google announced that the servers for Google Stadia would be shut down on January 18, 2023. All purchases of games, add-ons, and subscriptions were halted following the announcement, with Stadia processing refunds for eligible users where possible.
As Google Stadia is a cloud-based gaming system, players will no longer be able to play games through the system after January 18th. Some game publishers have provided ways to port game data to other platforms, although players may need to purchase to play the game on another platform.
If you want to download and transfer game data, here’s what you need to know.
To get Google Stadia scores, users should follow the instructions below:
- Open takeout.google.com.
- In the Create New Export section, click Deselect All and select Stadia. Press Next Step to continue.
- Choose your preferred destination and frequency of one-time export. Select file type “.zip” and size “2 GB”. Press “Create Export”.
- Download the export from the destination selected in the previous step.
- Locate the downloaded archive on your PC. Extract it.
- Savegames are located in the following path:…/Takeaway/Stadia/GAMING/GAME_SAVE/
- The files of each saved game are located in archives. Extract them into separate folders.
The instructions highlighted by CD Projekt Red for Cyberpunk 2077 can then be transferred to PC:
- To use the extracted saves in the PC version, simply copy and paste these folders into the following path: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077. Make sure files are not nested in another folder.
- If you own a game on a supported console platform, you can use Cross Progression on any of the PC platforms and sync it with your GOG account to transfer your progress to a console:
Players have until January 18th to save their saves.
https://www.dbltap.com/posts/how-to-download-stadia-game-saves-before-shutdown-01gpxhzkc2nj?utm_source=RSS How to download Stadia saves before shutdown