The TikTok comedian claims he was banned from the upscale beach bar for weeks after posting a video mocking the venue and its clientele
- The TikTok comedian said he has been banned from bars in Sydney’s eastern suburbs
- Jon-Bernard Kairouz said he was denied entry to the Coogee Pavilion by security personnel
- He claimed he received an explanation and shared a bizarre apology to TikTok
A TikTok comedian claims he’s been banned from a popular beach bar after posting a video mocking the venue.
Jon-Bernard Kairouz, who went viral for predicting NSW’s daily Covid cases in 2020 and has also been found guilty of encouraging people to break pandemic restrictions, took to TikTok late last year to reveal that he had been excluded from the venue.
The video resurfaced after Kairouz tried to get into Burleigh Heads Pavilion on the Gold Coast over the weekend but was denied entry because he appeared to be intoxicated.
In the Sydney video, Kairouz claimed he was stopped by security at the entrance to the Coogee Pavilion and told he was not allowed to enter the venue.
A TikTok comedian claims he’s been banned from a popular beach bar after posting a video mocking the venue
He said he received an explanation from security forces before sharing the bizarre apology to his followers on TikTok.
‘Saturday night I’m out and about in town. I’m supposed to meet some friends here at the Coogee Pavilion,’ he said.
“But these lovely Polynesian security guards have informed me that management has banned me from the venue because of a recent Coogee video I posted.”
The video then showed old footage of Kairouz standing in front of the Coogee Pavilion as he looked around the venue.
“Coogee Pavilion, the Coogee Pav, one of the last big venues in Sydney,” he said.
“Unfortunately you cannot enter if you are Lebanese or have facial hair.”
Kairouz appeared unimpressed after being denied entry to the upscale bar club.
Jon-Bernard Kairouz had plans to meet up with a group of friends at the Coogee Pavilion in Coogee, in Sydney’s eastern suburbs, but was refused entry
Daily Mail Australia contacted Merivale and Mr Kairouz for comment
“I think management isn’t a fan of free publicity and I think they’ve proved the wit because that’s one less Lebo they won’t let in.”
Daily Mail Australia have reached out to Merivale and Kairouz for comment.
A well-known identity on social media, Kairouz rose to prominence during the Covid-19 lockdown when he accurately ‘predicted’ daily case numbers.
Kairouz became known as “the TikTok number guy” after repeatedly revealing the NSW Covid tally hours before then-Prime Minister Gladys Berejiklian in 2021.
His sensational five-day streak ended in July when he misjudged the numbers.
It’s still unclear how Kairouz managed to accurately predict Covid case numbers for five days in a row, but it’s understood he knew someone within the NSW Health team.
The TikTok comedian was also found guilty in November of encouraging people to break pandemic restrictions during the Covid lockdown, but was spared a conviction.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11636345/Jon-Bernard-Kairouz-claims-Coogee-Pavilion-barred-entry-TikTok-comedian-mocked-beach-venue.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490 Jon-Bernard Kairouz claims Coogee Pavilion denied entry after the TikTok comedian mocked himself on the beach