Prince Harry will not join King Charles and Queen Consort for the coronation on the Buckingham Palace balcony

It is “unlikely” that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and the Duke of York will join the King and Queen consort on the balcony during the coronation, The Mail on Sunday understands.

Last night Buckingham Palace confirmed that the newly crowned King and Queen will appear at Buckingham Palace after the ceremony in May.

As with the late Queen’s Platinum Jubilee last year, the royals’ lineup alongside them will be limited to working family members. This does not apply to Prince Harry, Meghan and Prince Andrew, who no longer perform any official duties.

Prince Andrew stepped down from his official role following allegations of sexual abuse in November 2019. He has always denied the allegations.

Sources have said Prince Harry will not appear publicly on the balcony when he and his wife Meghan attend the coronation in May

Sources have said Prince Harry will not appear publicly on the balcony when he and his wife Meghan attend the coronation in May

They will join Prince Andrew as non-working royals to retreat from the limelight

They will join Prince Andrew as non-working royals to retreat from the limelight

Harry and Meghan gave up their roles three years ago when they left the UK to start a new life in California.

Earlier this month, Harry released a tell-all book that reveals past and present grievances against his family. In a television interview to promote his memoir, he refused to confirm if he would attend the coronation even if invited.

There is no indication from Buckingham Palace that Harry and Meghan would be banned from attending the event on May 6, which falls on their son Archie’s fourth birthday.

But even if the couple were to attend, a senior royal insider said it was “unlikely” they would attend any major public appearances, including the balcony moment.

Following the release of Prince Harry’s explosive memoir, Spare, some royal pundits said it seemed impossible for the couple to attend.

It followed claims by the Duke that his brother once physically attacked him and pushed him into a dog bowl, and that he and his wife’s press team had leaked negative stories about them to the British media.

Buckingham Palace has not commented on the claims.

But contrary to initial analyses, “peace talks” are now being discussed between the brothers and their father ahead of the coronation, which if all goes well could pave the way for attending the event itself.

Prince Harry has since demanded an apology from his family for the way they treated Meghan after he claimed in his memoir that they “stereotyped” her because she was an American actress.

It comes after a furious argument over whether the Duke of Sussex should have been part of the photographs at Buckingham Palace during the late Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations.

Until shortly before the Queen’s platinum anniversary last year, it was not known whether or not the Sussexes would step onto the balcony.

As with the late Queen's Platinum Jubilee last year, the royals' lineup will be limited to working family members alongside newly crowned King Charles and Queen Consort Camilla

As with the late Queen’s Platinum Jubilee last year, the royals’ lineup will be limited to working family members alongside newly crowned King Charles and Queen Consort Camilla

Queen Elizabeth pictured laughing with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle on the balcony of Buckingham Palace in 2018

Queen Elizabeth pictured laughing with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle on the balcony of Buckingham Palace in 2018

It's unclear if Prince Harry (centre) and Meghan Markle will attend King Charles' coronation in May

It’s unclear whether Prince Harry (centre) and Meghan Markle will attend King Charles’ coronation in May

Harry and Meghan moved to the United States three years ago at the start of the coronavirus pandemic

Harry and Meghan moved to the United States three years ago at the start of the coronavirus pandemic

When the Queen appeared with her family, Prince Charles, Camilla, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, George, Charlotte and Louis were among them.

Smiling, she greeted onlookers and looked down at The Mall where tens of thousands had been waiting hoping to see her.

The Queen looked relaxed on the balcony as the celebrations drew to a close, leaning on a walking stick, which is now a routine aid with her mobility issues, and waving to the crowd.

The Prince of Wales stood alongside the Queen along with the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their children Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.

Although Harry did not appear on the balcony, he was featured in royal photos from the occasion.

After the national anthem was sung by a chorus of celebrities including Sir David Jason, Harry Redknapp, Sir Cliff Richard, Sandie Shaw and Felicity Kendal, the Queen waved again to the well-wishers and was joined by her great-grandchildren, with Louis waving both hands .

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were noticeably absent from many anniversary events on their first visit to the UK since moving to the US.

But they did introduce Lilibet to the Queen on her first birthday, which took place when the couple was in the UK.

After it was revealed the pair would not appear on the balcony, friend and supporter Omid Scobie claimed they didn’t want to be involved.

It came after a sensational statement from the Queen that the couple – along with Prince Andrew – would not be invited onto the balcony for Trooping the Color, the spectacular start of their long memorial weekend.

The Sussexes subsequently released a statement saying they would continue to fly from California with their two children.

Mr Scobie wrote: “As is so often the case, the reality is a lot less dire when you hear that Prince Harry had been speaking to his grandmother about the possibility of not taking part in Trooping the Color well before last week’s announcements.”

He said the couple were “very keen” to be part of the anniversary celebrations, but “both sides” felt it was more appropriate not to have the Sussexes on the balcony.”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11661951/Prince-Harry-WONT-join-King-Charles-Queen-Consort-Buckingham-Palace-balcony-coronation.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490 Prince Harry will not join King Charles and Queen Consort for the coronation on the Buckingham Palace balcony

Emma Colton

WSTPost is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@wstpost.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button