The Met Police say it has received “a number of allegations of sexual assault in London and across the country” as a result of Channel 4’s Dispatches investigation into Russell Brand
- The Met Police say they have received a number of allegations from across the UK
Met Police detectives have formally launched an investigation into Russell Brand after receiving a number of allegations of sexual offenses from across the UK.
Following an investigation by Channel 4 Dispatches and The Sunday Times, the Met said it had received reports of incidents that allegedly occurred in London.
She said she had also received a number of allegations of sexual offenses in other parts of the country and would be investigating them. None of the crimes are recent. Brand vehemently denies all allegations of wrongdoing.
Officers will offer specialist support to any women who have made allegations.
Channel 4’s Dispatches and the Sunday Times made a series of allegations which Brand denies
The investigation is being carried out by detectives from the Met’s Central Specialist Crime Command, led by Detective Superintendent Andy Furphy.
Supt Furphy said: “We continue to encourage anyone who believes they have been the victim of a sexual offense, no matter how long ago it was, to contact us.”
“We understand that it may be a difficult step and I would like to reassure that we have a team of professionals available to advise and support us.”
A Met spokesman added: “There have been no arrests and inquiries are ongoing.”
“If you would like to report a crime to the police, you should contact us on 101. In an emergency, always dial 999.”
On Saturday, Brand thanked his supporters for “challenging” the allegations of rape and sexual assault made against him.
In the three-minute clip posted to YouTube, Rumble and X, he said the week since the claims were made public had been “extraordinary and disturbing.”