The parents of axed Buffalo Bills star Matt Araiza issue an angry statement defending their son

The parents of canceled Buffalo Bills kicker Matt Araiza have issued a cruel statement defending their son amid allegations he was involved in the gang rape of a 17-year-old girl last year.

The 22-year-old punter was released by Super Bowl favorites Bills on Saturday and his career is in tatters as he awaits further news on last Thursday’s civil lawsuit.

Amid the backlash, Araiza’s parents have now released a statement of their own to the media, revealing death threats to her entire family and repeating that their son should be “innocent until proven guilty”.

As KUSI-TV reports, the statement says: “The rule of law is innocent until proven guilty. That’s not our experience. A war was waged against our son.

“He was tried and convicted in the media based on information released solely by the alleged victim and her lawyer, much of it via social media. People have taken his information as factual when it is not.’

NFL player Matt Araiza released by Buffalo Bills after being charged with gang rape

NFL player Matt Araiza released by Buffalo Bills after being charged with gang rape

Nowlin "Pa'a" Ewaliko is also accused of gang raping a 17-year-old girl

Zavier Leonard is the third man to be accused of the gang rape, which is said to have taken place at a party

The lawsuit, filed in San Diego County Superior Court, alleges that Araiza, Zavier Leonard (right) and Nowlin ‘Pa’a’ Ewaliko (left) gang raped a then 17-year-old girl at a Halloween party at a house where Araiza lived would have

The message goes on to explain the “vitriol” Araiza has received since the allegations were made public and asks why the former Bills star is the “only one receiving this type of treatment” and seems to the other two who do as well the gang are accused of nodding rape.

“He was blackmailed, discriminated against, harassed and repeatedly and continuously threatened with violence and death,” the statement said. “He has been fired from his job and our entire family continues to face horrific threats of violence and death. We’ve all been cancelled. Every member of our family.”

Her son’s staunch defense concludes by speaking of “salacious rumors growing as facts,” before adding, “There are several witness accounts that dispute the allegations made against him. The legal system is designed to find facts and make decisions. They should be allowed to do that.’

The lawsuit, filed in San Diego County Superior Court, alleges that Araiza, Zavier Leonard and Nowlin “Pa’a” Ewaliko raped a then 17-year-old girl at a Halloween party.

The plaintiff, now 18, is identified in the complaint as “Jane Doe” because she was a minor at the time.

According to the Los Angeles Times, which first reported on the lawsuit, a criminal investigation into the allegations is ongoing. No arrests have been made and the San Diego Police Department has not publicly identified any suspects.

Araiza waves to fans after a preseason NFL football game against the Indianapolis Colts August 13 at Orchard Park, New York

Araiza waves to fans after a preseason NFL football game against the Indianapolis Colts August 13 at Orchard Park, New York

Araiza would not be subject to the NFL’s personal conduct policy for the alleged rape, which occurred in 2021 before he was a league player.

The lawsuit says the teenager had been drinking with friends when they decided to go to the party on Oct. 17 and that she was “visibly drunk on arrival.” She was separated from her friends and approached by Araiza, who offered her a drink, according to the lawsuit.

She believes the drink “contained not only alcohol but also other intoxicating substances,” according to the complaint.

She told Araiza, who was 21 at the time, that she was a high school grad, according to the lawsuit. She claims he then led her to a side yard where he asked her to perform oral sex and then had sex with her before taking her to a bedroom in the house.

According to the complaint, there were at least three other men in the room, including Leonard and Ewaliko. The lawsuit states that Araiza threw the teenager onto the bed and she passed out during the rape. It added: “But she remembers some moments of the horrifying gang rape.”

Buffalo Bill's punter Araiza told his 17-year-old rapist in a police-monitored phone call that she needed to be tested for chlamydia after an alleged hour-and-a-half assault that left her

Buffalo Bill’s punter Araiza told his 17-year-old rapist in a police-monitored phone call that she needed to be tested for chlamydia after an alleged hour-and-a-half assault that left her “bloody and crying.” according to a court filing obtained by DailyMail.com

Bill's GM Brandon Beane said Araiza was released as the situation was

Bill’s GM Brandon Beane said Araiza was released as the situation was “bigger than football”.

After an hour and a half, the teenager “stumbled out of the room bleeding and crying,” according to the complaint. Her nose, belly button and ear piercings had been pulled out.

She immediately told her friends about the rape and reported it to police the next day and underwent a rape investigation, according to the lawsuit. Officials trained her to call Araiza, which she did 10 days later when detectives recorded it, according to the complaint.

During the call, Araiza admitted to having sex with her, the lawsuit states, but later when she asked him, “And did we have real sex?” he replied: “This is Matt Araiza. I don’t remember anything that happened that night’ and hung up.

But before she hung up, Araiza urged Doe to get tested for chlamydia.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-11158777/Parents-axed-Buffalo-Bills-star-Matt-Araiza-issue-furious-statement-defending-son.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490 The parents of axed Buffalo Bills star Matt Araiza issue an angry statement defending their son

Andrew Kugle

WSTPost is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@wstpost.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button