Thomas Markle hits out at the Duchess of Sussex’s claims, saying Meghan threw people ‘under the bus’

‘Meghan hasn’t lost me, I’m not lost…she dropped me’: Thomas Markle lashes out at the Duchess of Sussex’s magazine claims – accusing her of NOT showing sympathy to the ailing Queen as she ‘constantly feels the royal family throws”. under the bus

  • Thomas Markle said, “Every time she opens her mouth, she takes me in”
  • He added he wasn’t “lost” and that Meghan could find him as his number hadn’t changed
  • The Duchess of Sussex’s interview with The Cut mentioned losing fathers
  • Mr Markle said he would love to meet his son-in-law and grandchildren for the first time

The Duchess of Sussex’s father has hit back at claims she ‘lost’ him – and accused her of throwing people ‘under the bus’.

Thomas Markle’s comments came after his 41-year-old daughter appeared to say Prince Harry spoke of a breakdown in relations with Prince Charles following his decision to move to the US.

However, hours after her remarks were published in The Cut magazine, Meghan’s unofficial spokesman Omid Scobie wrote on social media: “I understand that Prince Harry is indeed referring to Meghan’s loss of her own father and Meghan is saying that she doesn’t want Harry to be his to lose.’

Last night Mr Markle, who suffered a blood clot in his brain earlier this year, said: “I am still very ill and am trying to recover from the stroke in May. Yet every time she opens her mouth, she brings me inside [the story].

‘It never ends.’

The Duchess of Sussex's father Thomas Markle (pictured together at their first wedding in 2011) has hit back at claims she'lost' him - and accused her of throwing people'under the bus'.

The Duchess of Sussex’s father Thomas Markle (pictured together at their first wedding in 2011) has hit back at claims she ‘lost’ him – and accused her of throwing people ‘under the bus’.

Speaking hesitantly to The Mail on Sunday from his home in Rosarito, Mexico on Sunday, the 78-year-old said: “She didn’t ‘lost’ me, she left me.

“I’m not lost. She knows where to find me. My number hasn’t changed.

“I would love to hear from my daughter and meet my son-in-law and grandchildren for the first time.”

The former Hollywood lighting director is suing British photographer Jeff Rayner for breach of contract over staged images taken before Meghan and Harry’s wedding in 2018. He claims the photos “embarrassed him worldwide” and destroyed his relationship with his daughter.

Mr Markle, who suffered from a blood clot in his brain earlier this year, said he had not heard from Meghan or Harry (pictured in Johannesburg on their 2019 trip to Africa) while they were being treated in California

Mr Markle, who suffered from a blood clot in his brain earlier this year, said he had not heard from Meghan or Harry (pictured in Johannesburg on their 2019 trip to Africa) while they were being treated in California

Mr Markle claims the stress caused him to suffer two heart attacks on the eve of the wedding and doctors refused him to fly.

He hasn’t spoken to either Meghan or Prince Harry since then.

In last week’s interview, Meghan was asked if she believes there is room for forgiveness between her and her royal in-laws and her own family.

She replied, “I think forgiveness is really important.

“It takes a lot more energy not to forgive. But it takes a lot of effort to forgive.’

Mr Markle told the MoS: “If she really believes in forgiveness, then why can’t she forgive me?

Thomas Markle's comments came after his 41-year-old daughter appeared to say Prince Harry spoke of a breakdown in relations with Prince Charles (pictured with Harry in 2019) following his decision to move to the US

Thomas Markle’s comments came after his 41-year-old daughter appeared to say Prince Harry spoke of a breakdown in relations with Prince Charles (pictured with Harry in 2019) following his decision to move to the US

“I have apologized to her on numerous occasions for any hurt and pain I may have caused her.

‘I love my daughter. She’s talking about forgiveness, so why not start with her own family? how about forgiving me

“Every time she does another interview it brings out all the pain and causes so much stress.

“I’m still very ill. I’m going to speech therapy and trying my best to get better, but it’s all very annoying.’

Mr Markle also spoke of his sympathy for the Queen, saying: “She is a 96-year-old woman who gave her life to her people and she does not deserve it, even if she is in poor health.

Speaking hesitantly to The Mail on Sunday from his home in Rosarito, Mexico on Sunday, the 78-year-old said:

Speaking hesitantly to The Mail on Sunday from his home in Rosarito, Mexico on Sunday, the 78-year-old said: “She didn’t ‘lost’ me, she left me. Image: File image of Mr Markle

“I feel sorry for her and wish her the best and hope she gets better soon.

“It can’t be easy for her to read everything my daughter says.

“Meghan keeps throwing the royal family under the bus. The Meghan I knew was sweet, kind, and compassionate. I don’t know where the girl went. I have to hope she’s still in there somewhere and that she’ll make peace with our family and Harry’s before it’s too late.’

Mr Markle is being cared for by his son Tom Jnr, 55, who moved from Oregon to be close to his father. While the blood clot caused temporary paralysis and long-term speech problems, he can now speak in short sentences – although he often struggles to find words.

He says he didn’t hear from Meghan or Harry during his treatment in California, but watched the Duchess visit a memorial for the victims of the Uvalde school shooting in Texas from his hospital bed last May.

advertisement

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11177123/Thomas-Markle-hits-Duchess-Sussex-claims-saying-Meghan-threw-people-bus.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490 Thomas Markle hits out at the Duchess of Sussex’s claims, saying Meghan threw people ‘under the bus’

Bradford Betz

WSTPost is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@wstpost.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button