World Cup officials interrupt the live broadcast, threaten to take away equipment and tell the TV crew to leave

This is the moment insistent Qatari officials interrupt a live TV broadcast after telling an Argentinian journalist to stop filming while he is interviewing a football fan in a wheelchair.

A tall man in an Arabic robe and hat appeared out of nowhere and ordered Joaquin Alvarez to show him his press card before directing the cameraman to turn his lens on a block of flats in the background.

Colleagues from the Buenos Aires studio said, “That’s the government of Qatar,” expressing concern at what happened.

Tenacious Qatari officials arrive to interrupt a live TV broadcast after telling an Argentinian journalist to stop filming while he is interviewing a football fan in a wheelchair

Tenacious Qatari officials arrive to interrupt a live TV broadcast after telling an Argentinian journalist to stop filming while he is interviewing a football fan in a wheelchair

The TV reporter tries to reason with the unnamed officers after they interrupted his live broadcast

The TV reporter tries to reason with the unnamed officers after they interrupted his live broadcast

A Qatari official holds his hand in a reporter's camera after interrupting a live broadcast on Argentine television

A Qatari official holds his hand in a reporter’s camera after interrupting a live broadcast on Argentine television

The transmission has to end after officials insist the Argentine reporter and his crew can no longer film

The transmission has to end after officials insist the Argentine reporter and his crew can no longer film

The shock incident, which came after a Danish film crew was threatened by security personnel during a broadcast in the capital Doha ahead of the World Cup, came during a live report for a popular show on Argentina’s El Trece channel called Nosotros a la Manana .

Alvarez, who usually hosts the show, was joking with Argentinian fans about their favorite TV channel and the show they like best when he was interrupted by the unidentified officer and two other men, who appeared seconds later.

He was forced to stop and show he was working seconds after a wheelchair-bound supporter he was fooling around with admitted he was “sad” at the South American nation’s surprise defeat to Saudi Arabia in the first game of the tournament .

The live broadcast was interrupted at Barwa Village, a commercial and residential complex on the outskirts of Doha that was completed in 2010 and expanded for the World Cup.

The journalist and film crew later resumed filming from the back of a car, with Alvarez telling viewers he had been forced to leave the area after being told his workplace was “private.”

Insisting that his papers were in order and that he had all the necessary permits, he said: “I was scared and thought they were going to capture me.

“The person who stopped filming got out of a van and told us in a very rude way that we couldn’t film anymore because we were in a private location.

“I told him we were going to show something nice, but they told us we had to leave and there was a moment where they even wanted to take our gear.”

A Qatari official appears to be ordering an Argentine TV crew to shut down while they interview a fan in a wheelchair

A Qatari official appears to be ordering an Argentine TV crew to shut down while they interview a fan in a wheelchair

The crew's camera focuses on an empty street during the live broadcast, seemingly after being ordered to stop filming

The crew’s camera focuses on an empty street during the live broadcast, seemingly after being ordered to stop filming

Thanking well-wishers for their support in a social media post, he raged: “We had a bad experience and what happened was totally unfair because we all had our permits and everything was fine.

‘That’s in the past now, just an anecdote. The most important thing for me is that Argentina play again on Saturday.”

Nicolas Magali, who is replacing Alvarez as program presenter while his colleague is covering the World Cup, responded by saying: “This is an example of severe censorship and we have to say that.

“They curtained the camera, wouldn’t let us film, ordered you away in a rude manner, and on top of that the speaker didn’t identify himself.”

The journalist’s wife, Tefi Russo, later said of her husband on social media: “No joke, he just wet his pants because even though he had all his papers in order, he’s not at home and he’s doing a live.” -Transmission made, he doesn’t speak the language, it’s a different culture and it’s censorship knowing you’re not doing anything wrong.

“It’s impossible to work and enjoy a World Cup like this.”

Qatari officials finally apologized after a similar incident less than two weeks ago involving the Danish film crew.

The row came days after another TV2 Danish journalist, Rasmus Tantholdt, was forced off the air after Qatari security forces threatened to destroy his camera if he didn't stop filming (pictured).

Danish reporter Rasmus Tantholdt was interrupted during a live presentation on TV in Qatar

Security officials objected that he was filming and soon threatened to destroy his camera

Security officials objected that he was filming and soon threatened to destroy his camera

A security guard tries to explain that he cannot film despite his accreditation card

A security guard tries to explain that he cannot film despite his accreditation card

TV2 reporter Rasmus Tantholdt was speaking on a live broadcast when he was approached by security personnel who had appeared on a golf buggy next to the newly opened Chedi Hotel in Katara Cultural Village.

They told him he was not welcome to film and threatened to smash and destroy his camera.

Tantholdt replied: “You invited the whole world here. Why can’t we film? It’s a public place.”

He then added: “You can break the camera. you wanna break it Continue. You threaten us by breaking the camera.”

Earlier this month, an American journalist claimed he was ordered by security to delete a photo he took of a slogan on a wall at the World Cup media center in Qatar because it was “not allowed”.

And on November 21, an Argentinian TV reporter was robbed live on air while covering the World Cup in Qatar, with a wallet and documents stolen from her purse.

Metzger (left) said she danced with locals while on the air and only noticed after items had been taken from her shoulder bag

Metzger (left) said she danced with locals while on the air and only noticed after items had been taken from her shoulder bag

blank

The report showed footage of the reporter dancing in the crowd and captured the faces of some people near Metzger. She said Qatari officials could identify the suspect using facial recognition technology

TN journalist Dominique Metzger was broadcasting from the Corniche area of ​​Doha ahead of the first game of the tournament when she said the items had been stolen.

Curiously, the reporter claimed police asked her what kind of punishment she wanted for the alleged pickpocket if they were caught, allegedly asking, “Do you want us to sentence him to five years in prison so he can be deported.” ?

“I told them I just want my wallet back. I’m not going to make the decision for the justice system,” she told TN.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11468393/World-Cup-officials-interrupt-live-broadcast-threaten-equipment-order-TV-crew-leave.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490 World Cup officials interrupt the live broadcast, threaten to take away equipment and tell the TV crew to leave

Bradford Betz

WSTPost is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@wstpost.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button